CRAFTS & DECOR
CRAFTS AND DECOR
Try a modern take on mistletoe – complete with fresh greenery and chocolate truffles
Placing a Lindt Teddy on a present makes it feel extra special. In addition to dressing up gifts, it’s also cute in a DIY snow globe or on a holiday mantel. Looking for ideas to decorate the kids’ table? Here’s an easy way to turn this gift topper into a centrepiece.
4½-inch (12-cm) diameter floral foam ball
Boxwood (available at garden centres)
Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles
- Cut a 16-inch (40-cm) piece of 24-gauge wire with wire cutters and set it aside.
- Immerse the floral foam ball in some water and set it aside to soak. Then get to work cutting the boxwood into about 100 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces.
- Insert the 24-gauge wire through the centre of the foam ball. Fold over the bottom end of the wire to hold the ball in place.
- Poke the boxwood into the foam ball until it is completely covered.
- Pin 8 to 10 Lindor Truffles into the foam ball in random places. You will need two pins per Lindor Truffle.
- Tie a ribbon into a bow and poke it through the 24-gauge wire coming out of the top of the ball. Slide it down. Cover the wire stem with additional ribbon, if desired.