CRAFTS & DECOR
CRAFTS AND DECOR
Lindt Christmas Crackers
Everybody’s favourite Christmas essential gets an upgrade with stylish wrapping paper and decadent chocolates
Placing a Lindt Teddy on a present makes it feel extra special. In addition to dressing up gifts, it’s also cute in a DIY snow globe or on a holiday mantel. Looking for ideas to decorate the kids’ table? Here’s an easy way to turn this gift topper into a centrepiece.
Empty toilet paper roll
Cracker snap (available at craft stores)
- Use card stock to cut out the template found right here.
- Centre the template on a 5 5/8-by-12-inch (14.25-by-30.5-cm) piece of wrapping paper. Fold the extra paper at the top over the pointed ends at the bottom of the template, and fold the extra paper at the bottom over the pointed ends at the top of the template. Slide the template out and place it on top of the folded paper. To make the perforations, trace the zigzags on the paper, leaving it folded. Cut along the lines. Unfold the paper.
- Lay the toilet paper roll at the top centre of the paper. Slide the cracker snap through the roll, tacking each end to the paper with a dab of hot glue.
- Wrap the paper around the roll and seal with a thin line of glue. Let it dry.
- Place a piece of ribbon around the perforations at one end of the cracker and tie the end off. Tip the closed end of the cracker down and fill the open end with Lindt chocolate treats.
- Place a piece of ribbon around the open end of the cracker and tie it off.