Lindt Bundt Cake
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES (+ 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES COOLING TIME) COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES SERVINGS: 8
Elevate this chocolate Christmas cake recipe with decadent dark chocolate.
The aluminum Bundt pan became all the rage in North America in the 1950s and 60s. Now the Bundt is back, only this time its trimmings are modern and graphic.
- 1 ¾ cup (430 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (3 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups (430 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 bar (100 g) Lindt Excellence 85% Cacao dark chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) whole milk
- 1 bar (100 g) Lindt Swiss Classic white chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) 35% cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter a 10 to 12 cup (2.4 to 2.8 L) bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar with oil, eggs and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Slowly stream in melted chocolate until incorporated. Beat in half of flour mixture, then half of milk. Repeat additions until smooth. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in centre of oven until a tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a rack. After 10 minutes, turn the cake out of the pan. Invert right side up and let cool completely on the rack, about 1 hour.
- Finely chop chocolate and place in a heavy, microwave-safe bowl with cream. Microwave for 45 seconds and stir. If lumps remain, microwave in 5 second increments and continue to stir. Once smooth, let stand for 5 minutes, and spoon over cooled cake.