1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
2½ cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
3 bars (100g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, broken into squares
Maldon sea salt
- Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, 1/2 cup (63g) at a time; mix until all flour is incorporated and dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Working on lightly floured surface, roll dough out until approximately 1/2 inch (1cm) thick; cut into 24 rectangles. Using a spatula, transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets, placing 1 inch (2.5cm) apart. Top each cookie with one piece of chocolate.
- Bake, in batches, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Cool for two minutes; sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Cool completely on baking sheets before transferring to storage containers.
NOTE: You can melt down your favourite chocolate and drizzle the tops of the cookies for that extra chocolatey flavour.